Courtesy of Bowdoin Sports Information
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's volleyball team swept Trinity, 3-0, in the quarterfinals of the NESCAC Tournament on Friday night in Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears improve to 25-1 and will play the winner of the Middlebury-Tufts quarterfinal in the semifinals on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. Trinity ends its season with a record of 13-11.
- The Polar Bears cruised by set scores of 25-18, 25-21, 25-14 to take the win.
- Bowdoin broke open a tight first set with a 10-3 run, capped by kills from Ashley Williams and Sophia Pahl, to take a 21-12 lead en route to the 1-0 advantage.
- Trinity stayed close in the second set, holding a late 20-19 lead before a 5-0 Bowdoin run sealed the set following kills from Cori Gray and Ashley Williams.
- Bowdoin never trailed in the third set, sprinting to an early lead and closing it out with seven consecutive points to clinch the victory.
By The Numbers
- Ashley Williams had 11 kills to lead Bowdoin while Caroline Flaharty added ten kills and Sydney Salle posted seven with no errors.
- Trinity was paced by 10 kills from Rachel Underwood and eight from Colette Scheffers.
- Bowdoin's Kate Kiser dished out 31 assists while Lisa Sheldon had 14 digs. Salle recorded seven blocks.
- Jessica Yang had 18 assists for Trinity. The Bantams got 13 digs from Underwood in the loss.
- Bowdoin hosts the NESCAC semifinals on Saturday beginning at 1:00 p.m. against the winner of Friday night's Middlebury-Tufts quarterfinal.
- Wesleyan, a winner over Bates in the other early quarterfinal, will play in the other semifinal at 3:30 p.m. against the victor of Williams-Amherst.